Thursday 29 May 2014

Accidentally Beautiful

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy driving. Long distance driving is the best for me. I love driving from one suburb to the next, through quaint little villages and past rolling hills. There's something romantic and intimate about being at one with the road and just gazing out of the windows, music on loud and your sun glasses on. The mountains looming up ahead of you and lakes catching the colours of the sunset. Wow. It just blows me away.

Here are some of the best photos I've taken of various scenic encounters on my travels around the North Island, New Zealand. All of them were found completely by accident and all concerns for my own safety went out of the window while I scrambled for my camera. 

Mt Ruapehu, Ohakune

Driving through Paeroa

No idea where I was when I got this photo, I just fell in love with the rainbow

Same place as the photo above. I'm in love with the silhouette of the trees, the lake and the mountains in the background and the bright hint of blue between the clouds.

Mt Victoria, Wellington

Mt Doom with as now cap.





All lake photos above, Lake Taupo gorgeous sunset we had to stop and admire for a while.

The moon was huge that night. 

Mt Ruapehu as it is now, Ohakune

Auckland, Sky City from the bridge. Beautiful clear day, stunning clear water.

Shellby

2 comments :

  1. Your photos make me miss New Zealand so much. I loved Lake Taupo and Tongariro National Park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, thanks so much for your comment - the first one on my new blog! You made my day. Yes New Zealand is beautiful with so much to discover

      Delete